26 abril 2014

Gifted (English)

(Le prometí a la escritora que traduciría la reseña al ingles para que pudiese entenderlo, ya que su nivel de español no es tan bueno. Si queréis leerlo en español lo tenéis AQUÍ.)

Note: I don´t usually write in English, so maybe you find some mistakes. If you find mistakes you can inform me on the comments below ;)

Good morning!

I don´t know if you feel the same way I do, but recently I have stopped reading because I think that a lot of books are very very similar. I don´t find any different book, or a book that keeps me interested, and it very frustrating... Due to this, I read less, or I´m less interested in finding new books, because I find all the books almost identical. Do you feel the same?



But I had promised to Liz Long that I would read her books, so, on Thuesday, bored, I decided to give the book a chance.

THE BEST DECISION I´VE EVER MADE!



Even in a world of freaks, being a Firestarter is considered a dangerous Gift.

Lucy was born with the ability to create and control fire. She longs to leave the human world for one filled with Earthshakers, Transporters, and Chameleons, to name a few. When she rejoins the circus, it’s everything she hoped it could be—new friends, a potential love interest or two, and a place where she can be herself.

When troupe members begin turning up dead, however, Lucy is suspected of foul play. She must not only prove her innocence but also realize the full extent of her power. To find the real murderer, she must uncover the truth behind her father’s fiery legacy while figuring out whom to trust within her new circle. Little does she know the history of the Donovan Circus and its enemies might actually destroy the entire gifted world.


Let me introduce Lucy´s world: Living with humans, the gifted try to keep their existences in secret. There are a lot of different gifteds, who we´ll meet little by little. Some gifteds:

-Firestaters: People who can create (or control) fire.

-Unbreakables: People who can lift heavy weights without breaking their bones. Sometimes they are immune to bullets...

-Runners: Really fast people, capable of moving from one place to another in seconds.

-Empaths: People who can feel (os change) others emotions.

Lucy, being a Firestater, is capable of controlling and creating fire since her childhood (2 years old, young even for other Firestaters). After lossing her mother and father, Lucy rejoins the circus, wanting to be free to be herself and trying to continue her father´s legacy, a great Firestater.


This has been my first book set in a circus, and I din´t know what to expect from it. But the truth is that I had loved the setting. It´s an original setting, and the descriptions are so well writen that I felt like I was there, being a part of the circus. And the circus rules XD


I´ve adored Lucy as the narrator. She´s a girl who uses sarcasm as a defensive mechanism, but she´s also the girl who is really loyal to her friends, doesn´t have a lot of knowledge in the love departament and is a great friend. And she´s ginger! I love gingers *__*


Lucy´s friends are pretty fantastic as well. Every single character is different and likeable. They´re cutes, entertaining, and unique, creating a very special and funny group. And both love interest are pretty good as well ;)

I don´t really know if I prefer sweet Keegan or sarcastic Gabriel... Really, this is one of the few love triangles where I can stand 100% in one´s side. I´m caught between them! XD

But Gabriel is winning my heart. Yes, Keegan is a good friend and he´s really sweet, buy Gabriel pressures her buttons (believe me, there is a lot of unresolved sexual tension in their talks jejejjeje), and I think that making someone crazy is the first step to a really good relationship: it proves that there´s passion. As Grabiel told her once: "You want to belong and you need to be challenged. Keegan can help you belong, but I know I challenge the hell outta you."


And if all this hasn´t convinced you yet, there´s mistery. When Lucy starts to feel at home, people start to die...


I think that this is what have me obsesed with this book (apart from the conversations between Lucy and Gabriel, of course). It has been long since I read a book with real action or mistery, and I´d missed it XD

To sum up, the book has caught me since the first pages, it hasn´t disappointed me, and I´m willing to read more about this author. This book is one of the best I´ve read in 2014.

You have to read this book, you won´t regret it ;)

5/5

¿Have you ever read a book set in a circus?
¿Does the book catch your attention? Tell me what you think ;)

Leire

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Yo me tomo mi tiempo escribiendo las entradas, así que agradecería un montón que vosotros tomaseis un poco de vuestro tiempo para escribir algo: una opinión, un gracias, algo (siempre que sea respetuoso). Muchas gracias por leerme ^.^